Clark Custom Guns was founded in 1950 by former United States Marine-National Champion Bullseye shooter Jim Clark Sr. In the 65+ years since its opening, Clark Custom Guns has repeatedly built guns claiming national level championships, delivered top notch customer service by REAL NATIONAL CHAMPION level competition shooters, and made high quality guns affordable to the average shooter. Clark Custom Guns is now owned and operated by the 3rd generation of the Clark family who learned their craft from the best. James E. Clark Sr. is the ONLY person to win both the Pistolsmith of the Year Award & the Outstanding American Handgunner Award. James E. Clark Jr. earned membership in the American Pistolsmiths Guild.
We have a retail showroom and welcome the public to stop in for a visit. No appointment is required. Our current operating hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm CST.
Please call 318-949-9884 to speak with one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives.
Clark Custom Guns innovations over the years include:
- 1953 – Custom Conversions on Ruger MkI Pistol
- 1955 – 1st Ramped 1911 barrel
- Early 1960s – 6″ Long Slide model 1911’s
- 1979 – Machine checkering
- 1980 – Threaded Cone-Shaped compensator
- 1985 – 4 Finger sear springs
- 1979 – 1987 – Development and perfection of the Heavy Barrel Conversion of the Ruger 10/22®
- 1996 – Introduction of the radical dehorn job known as the Meltdown™
- 1997 – Development of the first barrel (Clark 460) for the Rowland .460 cartridge
- 2008 – Conversion of CZ shotgun to the Clark double rifle
- 2016 – First “Clamp On” carbon fiber handguard system for the AR-15
- 2019 – Development of the first aftermarket S&W Model 52 barrel with 1 in 10 twist.